Faculty of Law Universitas Indonesia offers Summer Course in Indonesian Law and Legal Institution as a response to the wide interest in Indonesian legal system. The course is design by combining academic and practical know ledges.
The Course aims to present the basic knowledge in Indonesia legal system to those who want to know more on Indonesia in the legal field. Emphasis is placed on fundamental change in 1998.
- knowledge of the basic institution of the Indonesian legal system;
- knowledge of the plurality of the Indonesian people;
- understanding of the role of the legal profession in Indonesia;
- opportunities to meet lawyers from the private and public sectors; and
- opportunities to observe court practice.
- Introduction to the Indonesian Legal System
- Constitutional Law
- Adat Law
- Islamic Law
- Commercial Law
- Company Law
- Investment Law
- Contract Law
- Legal Profession in Indonesia
- Professional Experience of Foreign Lawyers in Indonesia
Summer Course will be taught by highly qualified lecturers of the Faculty of Law Universitas Indonesia and practitioners with ample practical experience.
The participants will have opportunity to visit Indonesian legal institutions, such as the Supreme Court, the Parliament, the Constitutional Court, the District Court in Jakarta, the Indonesian Human Rights Commission, the Prosecutor’s Office, Law Firms in Jakarta, and the Jakarta Legal Aid Institute.
Non-academic activities may include visits to places of interest in the Greater Jakarta Region.
The fee is USD 2,000 per participant which covers:
- Registration fee;
- Transportation for the field-trips;
- Course materials.
Criteria for Admission
The Course is open to foreign law students, law graduates and lawyers who are interested in Indonesian law. No knowledge in Indonesian is required since the Course will be counducted fully in English.
Enrollment & Course Schedule
Applications should be filed before 1 May 2007. Courses start from July 2nd to 27th, 2007.
For further information:
Faculty of Law
Room A- 204, Lt. 2, Kampus Baru UI Depok 16424, Indonesia
Tel: +62 21 727 0003, Fax: +62 21 727 0052
Download the Brochure click here.